23 March 2007

Introduction.

Introduction: This new blog is under development, so just a brief welcome aboard and a little explanation, my work with Cofiwn included much to do with Welsh Medieval Military History and Welsh Battlefields. In latter years I became aware of an English Battlefields Trust campaigning for the defence, recognition and registration of English Battlefields motivated by need to defend such historic sites from Motorways, Windmill farms and even golf course. Following example of the English Battlefields Trust, I attempted to establish similar in Wales without much luck. I sought interest of Welsh Historians but they are pretty much compfortably at home in their Ivory Towers. I sought to interest Medieval Re-Enactors in Wales but as most of these are English, they do not seem to have much interest in Welsh Battlefields. I also ''bit my lip'' and sought interest of British Army ''Welsh Regimental'' Museums, certainly no joy there. I thought they may be mature enough to be interested at least in a Welsh Military History Society similar to that which they have in Ireland, this body does have an interest in Irish Medieval History to the later IRA struggles of Independence and includes both the ''Wild Geese'' and Irish Regiments in the Bitish Army. However, the aforementioned ''Brit Welsh Regiment Historians'' only have interest in the post 1536 Act of Annexation connection of the Welsh Fighting Spirit that fights on behalf of England from Azincourt to Afghanistan etc. You might have thought that ''Welsh Nationalists'' may have a great interest in persuing the above, but no! but these are not the ''Cofiwn Years'' when enthusiasm abounded in patriots having the effort and energy to get out and about in persuence of a patriotic cause, but like I said no! However, to be fair up to now, I have only attempted advancing my I'r Gad Campaign within a limited circle. Publicizing and promoting patriotic campaigns in these post Devoloution Dillettante Days, is not at all much assisted by a ''Welsh/Cymreig Media'' that most obviously has become the voice of the Cymry who have capitulated to neo - colonialism and supports fully the falsehood of a SHAM SENEDD aka Assembly of Appeasement with English Imperialism. Hopefully, this blog will reach out over ''Media Fire Wall China Cymru'', and reach out to true Welsh Patriots and yes, Radical Nationalists in seeking support for this SAVE OUR WELSH BATTLEFIELDS CAMPAIGN. Having read above it must be more than a little obvious that this campaign is clearly a NATIONALIST INITIATIVE, and guess what I have no intention of being a moderate in these matters, I can asure you that any ''Taffy Timidity'' will get us no where. Thus fellow patriot, quite simply the watch word is I'R GAD, so on with the campaign, and if wishing to aid and assist you can contact me via email: gethin.apgruffydd@ntlworld.com
>
Other than including details and reports of our campaign, I will include material of historical interest on Welsh Military History from Celtic and Roman Times, Through the ''Dark/Heroic/Golden'' to early medieval age. This is not an area I have done much in, but patience and I will get around to it.




>
I am more familier with the high Welsh Middle Ages, so much material will be published here on this period in the first instance of this blog development.

>

Brwydrau Glyndwr, will also be quickly on line too. After which many of you will think' oh no! it all gets ''Taffy Tudor'' and ''Big Brit'', but not so, I have some suprizes in store for you? Unfortunatly you will have to await a while as I have much research to do, but it is looking patriotically promising and will be worth waiting for, to read and then know that the ''Welsh Fighting Spirit'' did not go all 'Ich Dien' on us. So hang on ok!




>

To conclude: If wishing to work with this campaign or otherwise support, maybe contribute information or articles. Most contributions are welcome, including suggestions. Later in further postings you will find information on much that you can do locally, I cannot get every where, so local information and photographs of Battle sites would be welcome.

>

Next Posting: Page for the Indexing of postings published.

>

Other postings to follow in time, so revisit this blog every so often.

Hwyl!

Gethin.

I'r Gad.